Flood Resources

HUD Grant Program--We are no longer accepting applications.  If you applied, please contact Lara Duran for updates.

Colorado’s "Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery" (CDBG-DR) Action Plan provides for grant and loan programs that will be available to flood impacted communities in housing, infrastructure and economic development. A portion of the grant funds have been allocated specifically to agriculture producers.

As the second largest contributor to the state economy, it is vital to Colorado’s economic well-being to keep our agricultural industry strong and vibrant. The Colorado Department of Agriculture is providing $4.5 million of grant funding to affected agricultural businesses in 19 counties. These funds are dedicated to retaining Colorado agricultural jobs at both low and moderate income levels, and to promote agricultural job creation.

For more information, please contact:

Lara Duran
Department of Agriculture
Flood Recovery Grant Manager (CDBG-DR)
303-869-9028 or 720-630-0064
Fax: 303-466-2867

State Disaster Recovery Website:  www.ColoradoUnited.com

Flood photo gallery

The folowing resources were provided during and immediately after the 2013 flood:

Colorado State University 

Boulder County Resources

Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) Flood Recovery Resources

  • This includes food safety for flooded farms, debis guidance, personal protection, etc.
  • According to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Water Quality Control Division, Regulation 64 (5 CCR 1002-64), which governs the application of biosolids as a fertilizer, does not apply to agricultural lands that have been flooded. Producers who have questions about Regulation 64 should contact Tim Larson, (303) 691-4091, Water Quality Control Division, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. 

Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB)

  • The CWCB is offering Emergency Flood loans to ditch and reservoir companies located in effected counties.  Additional resources includes maps, contact information, and emergency loan fact sheet.  

Federal Information

Horse & Livestock Feed

It is important to feed good quality hay to horses and other livestock but it may be in short supply in the Colorado areas recently affected by flooding. Flood-damaged or moldy hay is not considered quality hay and, if possible, should not be fed to livestock.  

The Colorado Department of Agriculture publishes the Colorado Hay Directory annually to help promote Colorado grown hay. The 2013 edition of the directory is available to the public at no cost. At this point there seems to be adequate hay supplies in other parts of the state.  

The Colorado Hay Directory features producers and brokers of hay as well as companies that provide hay-related products and services. Categorized by region, each listing includes the type and amount of hay available, bale type and size, whether or not laboratory analysis is available, certified weed free status and identifies organic hay.  

The directory and other hay resources are available online at http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/ag_Markets/CBON/1251627561153. For more information or to request a copy of the 2013 Colorado Hay Directory, call the Colorado Department of Agriculture at (303) 239-4115.  

The Colorado Hay Directory is published by the Colorado Department of Agriculture in cooperation with participating Colorado hay producers, Colorado State University Extension, and with support from Green Colorado, Hutchison Incorporated and ProAG-Morris Industries Inc. 

Report Oil & Gas Well/Facility Issues Related to Flooding

For reports of suspected oil and gas equipment deposited on property as a result of flooding, or suspected or observed releases from existing oil and gas facilities in flood-affected areas, please contact the Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) at  303-894-2100.  Direct contacts include Marc Morton at extension 5132, John Noto at extension 5168, or Nancy Prince at extension 5103. If someone can not be reached directly, please leave a message on their Complaint Line at 303-894-2100. You can also email DNR_FloodInfo@state.co.us.  COGCC is the entity to contact to report issues of this type (non-Emergency situations). In Emergency situations, please advise those reporting them to call 911.