Colorado Ag Day
National Ag Day: March 25, 2014
Colorado Ag Day: March 26, 2014
11:30 am, 200 E. Colfax, Denver, CO, 80203, In the West Foyer of the Capitol
Organized by Colorado Ag Council
Please join us for a celebration honoring Colorado's agricultural industry.
Proclamation by Gov. John Hickenlooper
"The farther we get away from the land, the greater our insecurity." --Henry Ford
COLORADO AGRICULTURE--Learn, Speak, Share
Why Celebrate Colorado Ag Day?
- Colorado agriculture provides abundant, nutritional products for consumers within the state and around the globe.
- Farmers and ranchers play a vital role in producing wholesome, safe food provided to consumers.
- Agriculture is one of largest contributors to the State’s economy, supporting more than 173,000 jobs in Colorado, generates more than $40 billion of economic activity annually, and exported over $2 billion of food and agricultural products in 2013.
- Land in farms and ranches provides habitat for wildlife and open space, and innovative and sustainable farming practices ensure that our state’s resources will remain protected for generations to come; and
- Whereas, Colorado’s agriculturists employ sound animal husbandry practices, which ensure livestock remain healthy, productive and content.
- Farmers and ranchers are critical to Colorado agritourism, welcoming tourists from around the world and giving them a taste of the Colorado experience.
- Farmers and ranchers are innovative entrepreneurs and business leaders who remain resilient in their dedication to Colorado agricuture.