- Agricultural Research Service
The main in-house research arm of the US Department of Agriculture. Find research news, find-a-researcher, consumer and educational information on a wide range topics.
- Agricultural Marketing Service
Information from the USDA.
- Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
APHIS provides leadership in ensuring the health and care of animals and plants. The agency improves agricultural productivity and competitiveness and contributes to the national economy and the public health.
- APHIS, USDA
The latest BSE information from APHIS.
- Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO)
AAFCO provides a mechanism for developing and implementing uniform and equitable laws, regulations, standards and enforcement policies for regulating the manufacture, distribution and sale of animal feeds; resulting in safe, effective, and useful feeds.
- Center for Disease Control
- European Commission - Scientific Steering Committee Opinions
Opinions on BSE risk Adopted by the Scientific Steering Committee.
- Food Safety & Inspection Service
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the public health agency in the US Department of Agriculture responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and egg products is safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled and packaged.
- National Agricultural Statistics Service
The National Agricultural Statistics Service provides timely, accurate, and useful statistics in service to U.S. agriculture.
- National Animal Poison Control Center
As the premier animal poison control center in North America, the APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- National Assn of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA)
NASDA represents the state departments of agriculture in the development, implementation, and communication of sound public policy and programs which support and promote the American agricultural industry, while protecting consumers and the environment.
- National Science Foundation International
Provides food safety, water quality, public health, and product testing services.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Enhances the quality of life for the American people by supporting production of agriculture.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Veterinary Medicine
BSE information from the Food & Drug Administration