Forms & Downloads

Scales, Moisture Meters, Textile Meters & Cordage Meter Licensing


The owner must obtain a license to operate a commercially used scale, moisture meter, mass flow meter, textile meter and cordage meter. Take one of the following steps:




The licensing period runs from January 1st to December 31st of each year.  This is a change from the previous licensing period that ended June 30th of each year.  All current 2014 licenses that have an expiration of June 30, 2014 will remain valid until December 31, 2014.  Please call 303-477-4220 if you have any questions.

Fees are based on the quantity of scales or device types to be licensed.

License by mail with check or money order

  • Completely fill out an application for licensing.
  • Send the completed form and fees to our mailing address:

Attention: Measurement Standards
Colorado Department of Agriculture
3125 Wyandot St.
Denver, CO 80211-8324


Authority for device licensing and inspection is given in the Colorado Measurement Standards Act Sections 35-14-107, 35-14-124, 35-14-127, and 35-14 -129.