Import Requirements

Some import requirements may be waived if cattle are moving to a
Colorado Approved Tagging Site - A premises where livestock may be officially identified on behalf of their owner or the person in possession, care, or control of the animals when they are brought to the premises
or a
Colorado Approved Feedlot - The approved feedlot shall be maintained for finish-feeding of animals in dry lot with no provisions for pasturing or grazing. Animals leaving such a feedlot must move directly to slaughter and be accompanied by a current brand inspection certificate.


I live in Colorado. How do I know what other state's regulations are?

Here is the contact list for each state's State Veterinarian's Office or visit USDA

What needs to be on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)?

All livestock listed on the Certificate of Veterinary Inspection shall comply with vaccination, testing and official animal identification requirements.

How do I get an Entry Permit?

For all animals except cervids and exotic wildlife call (303) 869-9130. For cervids and exotic wildlife call (303) 869-9133 during normal business hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (MST), and please be advised that additional processing time and information will be required.