Another interesting piece of Winter Park history includes Arrow, another small community that came into existence because of the railroad. Arrow was located along the Corona Pass Road between what is now Winter Park and the Continental Divide, and had an elevation of 9,585 feet. Rails were laid down in 1904 and Arrow, or Arrowhead as it was initially called, was incorporated on December 29, 1904.
Before the railroad tracks were extended westward in 1905, more than 2,000 people from nearby construction camps received their mail at Arrow. The town also had a restaurant, or eating house, and since the town was incorporated, it was able to sell liquor legally.
When the Moffat Tunnel was built, Arrow became a ghost town. The former town site and surrounding area, made up of 688 acres, was annexed into Winter Park in 2006.