The Division of Building Safety promotes public safety in the built environment by administering and enforcing adopted codes.
The building code adopted by the Town of Estes Park establishes 'minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment and to provide safety to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations' (International Code 101.3 Intent).
Core services include:
- Building and Sign Code Consultation: Walk-ins and by appointment.
- Services include assisting the public with questions/concerns about adopted codes and how they apply to their property/business.
- Building Safety: Ensure compliance with adopted building codes.
- Services include plan review and inspection; coordination with affected agencies (utility providers, sanitation districts, health department, etc.)
- Building Safety Tips
- Building Contractor Licenses: Ensure compliance with adopted building contractor license regulations.
- Floodplain Management: Ensure compliance with the adopted floodplain code.
- Addressing: Assign addresses, process change of address requests, coordinate addressing with emergency service providers.
- Signs: Ensure compliance with adopted sign code.
- Services include permitting and review of sign code variance applications and Creative Sign Program applications.
- Code Compliance: Ensure compliance with Estes Park Municipal Code and Estes Valley Development Code through education, cooperation, enforcement.
Questions? Contact us at 970-577-3726 or firstname.lastname@example.org