Planning and Zoning
The Planning Division promotes the sustained social, economic and community development of the Estes Valley by administering and enforcing the Estes Valley Development Code and implementing the Estes Valley Comprehensive Plan.
Core services include:
- Land Use Consultation. Walk-ins and by appointment
- Assist the public with questions/concerns about adopted codes and how they apply to their property/business.
- Current Planning. Administer/enforce local zoning and subdivision regulations in the Estes Valley. Ensure compliance with the adopted development code, including
- Review of subdivision, development, rezoning, and variance applications
- Administration of improvement guarantees
- Review of building permit and business license applications
- Coordination with affected agencies (utility providers, sanitation districts,, health department, etc.)
- Comprehensive Planning. Responsible for comprehensive planning. Research and draft Estes Valley Development Code amendments as directed by elected officials.
- Administrative Support. Provide administrative support and services for:
- Signs. Ensure compliance with the Larimer County Sign Code within the unincorporated Estes Valley
- Code Compliance. Ensure compliance with development code through education, cooperation, enforcement.
Questions? Contact us at 970-577-3721 or firstname.lastname@example.org