Text Size
Increase text size
Increase text size

Business Licensing


A business license is required for each business, occupation, or profession within the Town of Estes Park which consists of selling goods, wares, merchandise or services; the performing or rendering of service for charge; the leasing, renting or furnishing of accommodation units; and the carrying on or engaging in any nonresidential business.  Each business conducted at a separate location, regardless of ownership, shall obtain and maintain a separate business license.


To apply for a new business license, choose the appropriate application from the list below.  Please note:  Those applying as a sole proprietor must submit a completed, notarized Affidavit of Lawful Presence accompanied by a copy of a Colorado Driver's License, or another acceptable form of identification with the application.


General Business:  a business, profession or occupation whose business consists of the selling of goods, wares, merchandise or providing a professional service (outside the home).  This category also applies to any non-resident business, profession, occupation, or professional service.  (A non-resident business is defined as a business whose business premises is located outside the corporate limits of the Town.)  Cost:  $200 per calendar year.


Building Contractor:  a business, profession or occupation whose primary business is in the physical construction of structures and their appurtenances.  Cost:  $200 per calendar year.


Home:  a business, profession or occupation conducted by the resident within or from a dwelling (inside the Estes Valley) as an accessory use to the residential use of the dwelling, excluding a building contractor or an accommodation business.  NOTE:  The Home license category does not apply to non-resident home-based businesses.  Cost:  $100 per calendar year.


Accommodations:  the leasing, rental or furnishing of any room, mobile home site, recreational vehicle site, camp site or other area in any hotel, motel, guest house, bed and breakfast, apartment, dormitory, mobile home park, recreational vehicle park or campground, any single-family dwelling, duplex, multiple-family dwelling or any such similar place to any person who, for a consideration, uses, possesses or has the right to use or possess such dwelling, room, single-family dwelling, duplex unit, multiple-family unit, site or other accommodation for a total continuous duration of less than thirty (30) days.  Cost:  $150 - $375 - varies with the number of accommodation units.


County Vacation Home Permit:  any accommodation unit as described above that is located outside of the Town limits of Estes Park, but within the jurisdiction of the Estes Valley Development Code.  Cost:  None.