HOW TO SPOT AN IMPAIRED DRIVER
1. Appearing to be drunk (e.g. eye fixation, face close to windshield, drinking in the vehicle.)
2. Turning with a wide radius
3. Almost striking an object or car
4. Weaving, swerving or drifting
5. Driving significantly under the speed limit for no obvious reason
6. Braking erratically or stopping without cause
7. Accelerating rapidly
9. Straddling the center of the lane or driving with the left tires on the center line
10. Responding slowly to traffic signals
11. Turning abruptly or illegally
12. Driving at night with headlights off
If you see someone driving like this, call Star-DUI (*384) or Star-CSP (*277) from a cellular phone.
Give the dispatcher the exact location (road and direction), a description of the vehicle, and the manner in which the vehicle is being driven. Do not attempt to follow or pursue the vehicle. Your call is free and may save a life -- or many lives!