Qualifications and Selection Process:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a Colorado resident. Both military and civilian applicants must meet this requirement.
- Have a high school or a G.E.D. certificate.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Be able to type 70 keystrokes per minute.
- Be able to work in a smoke-free environment.
- Be willing and able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Have a clear speaking voice.
Communication Officers are considered to be "Essential Personnel" which means during exigent circumstances you may be called in at any time to work in the Communication Center or remain on duty past the end of your shift.