IMPORTANT – It is advised that you read and/or PRINT ALL details on this page before taking an online workshop.
- All workshops are CPE accredited. Once you get through all the lessons of each workshop, you’ll be able to take a test. After you pass the test, you can print your Certification of Completion. There is no time limit to complete a workshop. In addition, you can take the test as many times as you need to in order to pass it.
- If you have problems accessing lesson plans, technical difficulties, or a general question about the workshops, please contact us.
- Frequently asked questions about online workshops
- Read the “Tips and FAQs” in every workshop first, as there are many things to be aware of regarding browser requirements, and helpful hints to help make your overall experience a positive one. If you have any questions before taking a class, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Below, you’ll see a list of courses with a registration link to each course. When you click on a course registration link, you’ll be asked to provide Your Name (First and Last), Email Address, and a SUBSCRIBE KEY, which is the same key for ALL workshops. The Subscribe key for all workshops is: ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive.)
When you register for your first course, you should receive (2) email confirmations. Both emails will come from our software provider (Skyprep), so be sure to add, “email@example.com” to your safe list.
Due to server rejections and spam blockers, etc., there is a chance you will not receive an email. If this happens, and you’d like to verify your registration, please send us an email. We DO NOT have access to passwords, but we can send you a new one. You may not receive the new one either. If you do not receive the new password, the only thing left for us to do is to delete your record and have you register again.
1. One confirmation email will inform you that you are now registered with the online CPE Web site and the subject line will say, “Registration to Colorado Department of Revenue Online CPE Courses” and provide your log in details. IMPORTANT NOTE - You will need to have the email with your password before you can log into a course. This email may be received after the enrollment email. Once you are logged into your account, you may change your password or use the password assigned to you by the system.
Welcome Joe Smith, You have been registered to: Colorado Department of Revenue Online CPE Courses,http://coloradodorcpe.skyprepapp.com/
Your username is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your password is: 1234567890. You're ready to get learning!
2. The other email you will receive will have a subject line stating, “Notification.” You will not be able to view any information in the workshops until you get the Notification email letting you know you are enrolled, and you are logged in.
Hi, You have a new notification:
Joe Smith was enrolled in the course Colorado Law - Sales/Use Tax Part I
Platform: Colorado Department of Revenue Online CPE Courses.
Visit http://coloradodorcpe.skyprepapp.com to login.
NOTE: If you do not have a password, you can get a new one by clicking the link above, the click on “Lost Password.”
ONLINE WORKSHOP REGISTRATION LINKS.
Note: The Subscribe key for all classes is: ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive).
- 2013 Income Tax Update for Tax Professionals: ColoradoCPE is the Subscribe Key.
The Tax Professionals Update Class is tailored to those who prepare Colorado income tax returns, including accountants, enrolled agents and tax practitioners. The class content includes What’s New for Tax Year 2013, 2013 Legislation, Changes to 2013 Forms, Filing Options, Resources Available and Tips, Information and Common Taxpayer Filing Errors.
- Colorado Law – Sales/Use Tax Part I: Sign Up and Use ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive) to Subscribe.
This class contains basic and advanced information all business owners need to know about Colorado sales/use tax laws. This class is for new or current Colorado businesses, tax preparers consulting with Colorado clients on sales/use taxes, those with no sales tax knowledge, and/or those needing a refresher course on sales and use tax laws. Topics covered will include state sales tax license requirements, sales tax rate application, nexus, tax-exempt sales, use tax liabilities, available electronic services and much more.
- Colorado Law – Sales/Use Tax Part II: Sign Up and Use ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive) to Subscribe.
This class is an advanced class for those who have taken the Sales/Use Tax Law - Part I, and/or for current business owners with sales/use tax knowledge, and/or tax preparers who prepare sales and use tax returns for Colorado. Topics covered will include State and State-collected local jurisdiction sales/use tax exemptions, what to expect during an audit, contacts/resources and much more.
- Sales/Use Tax – Contractors: Sign Up and Use ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive) to Subscribe.
This class is for new and current business owners in the construction and/or manufacturing industry who are located in or outside of Colorado with Colorado jobs, tax preparers who consult with those in this industry, and/or anyone else interested in learning more about the laws in Colorado applicable to this industry. It is advised that before you take this class you have basic sales/use tax knowledge or have attended the Sales/Use Tax Class – Part I class. Topics covered: License requirements, types of contracts, tax-exempt documents such as building permits and tax-exempt certificates, what’s taxable/not taxable, available resources/electronic services and much more.
- Sales/Use Tax – Hospitality Industry: Sign Up and Use ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive) to Subscribe.
This is an advanced class for current or previous business owners in the hospitality industry, tax professionals who prepare and consult with those in this industry, and anyone else interested in learning more about this topic. It is recommended that you have basic sales/use tax knowledge or have attended the Sales/Use Tax Class - Part I, which covers the applicability of sales tax rates on Colorado sales transactions. Topics covered in this class include legislation changes affecting this industry, use tax liabilities, taxable/non-taxable purchases/sales, remitting sales tax, expectations with sales occurring in home-rule cities, and available resources and online services.
- Colorado Use Tax: Sign Up and Use ColoradoCPE (case-sensitive) to Subscribe.
This is an advanced class for current business owners, tax professionals who prepare sales/use tax returns in Colorado or consult with Colorado businesses on this topic, and/or anyone else interested in learning more about Colorado use tax laws. It is recommended that you have basic sales/use tax knowledge or have attended or taken the Sales/Use Tax Class - Part I, which covers the applicability of sales tax rates on Colorado sales transactions. Topics covered: definition of use tax, Colorado law requirements, use tax account versus sales tax account requirements, how to determine if you have a use tax liability, use tax requirements within local jurisdictions, remitting and paying use tax, and where to go for additional help and services.