Vets 2 Trucks
ARE YOU CURRENTLY SERVING, CLOSE TO DISCHARGE OR HAVE BEEN DISCHARGED WITHIN THE LAST 90 DAYS
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE DRIVING HEAVY MILITARY TRUCKS WITH A SAFE DRIVING RECORD FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS?
If so, you may qualify for a Colorado Commercial Driver License (CDL) without having to take the commercial driver skills test.
(The written tests are still required)
SAVE MONEY & SAVE TIME.......
1. Complete, sign and date the front page of the Application for Military CDL Skills Test Waiver.
2. Have your Commanding Office complete, sign and date the back of the Military CDL Skills Test Waiver.
3. Complete, sign and date the Colorado DMV CDL Unit 10 Year History License Certification.
4. Submit the completed forms to the Colorado DMV CDL Unit either by fax to 303-205-5754 or by mail to:
Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles
CDL Unit, Room 154
1881 Pierce Street
Lakewood, Colorado 80214
5. If you have not already done so, arrange for a Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examination through your physician or health care facility, and get your DOT Medical.
6. If you have not already passed the written test, study the Colorado CDL Manual for General Knowledge, Combination if you want a Class A CDL and air brakes (if applicable).
7. Once you have qualified for the waiver, go to any full service Driver's License Office, take and pass the applicable written tests, tender your DOT Medical card and purchase your CDL. (Rules for proof of identity,legal name, age, lawful presence and residential address apply as applicable).