Colorado Department of Revenue
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

How do you check my income?

How do you check my Federal Adjusted Gross Income?


When you visit the approved Ignition Interlock provider, they will utilize the State Portal to provide and receive information related to your driving record.  If you meet the eligibility requirements you will be asked to authorize a check against your Colorado tax file to determine eligibility based on your income level and filing status.  All eligibility requirements must be met to qualify for assistance. 


Note that the Ignition Interlock provider does not receive specifics about your income.  If the tax file check is requested, the only detail presented to the Interlock provider is “The applicant is eligible for financial assistance” or “The applicant is not eligible for financial assistance.”  If you have additional questions, call Driver Services at 303 205-5613.