Colorado Department of Revenue
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

CDL Third Party Testing Unit Eligibility

Semi Truck Driving on Road


You must fall under one of the three following categories to be considered for licensing under the Commercial Third Party Tester Program:


  • Be employed by an agency of local, state or federal government, a public school district, or a private or parochial school.
  • Maintain a license under the Division of Private Occupational Schools (Department of Higher Education).
  • Maintain an established place of business in Colorado with a fleet of no less than three CMVs owned or leased to the business.