Colorado Department of Revenue
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

Obtaining A Commercial Driver License (CDL)



You must have a valid CDL to operate:

  • Any motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001 pounds or more.
  • Any vehicle that is designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver.
  • Any vehicle transporting hazardous material and is required to be placarded in accordance with 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 172, Subpart F.


Helpful Links: