DOR Enforcement
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

How to request a hearing

How you request a hearing depends on the type of hearing you are requesting. Generally, if you were served with a yellow or carbon copy of an affidavit and notice of revocation or an affidavit and notice of suspension by a police officer (most typically for a DWAI/DUI arrest), you will need to go to a Department of Motor Vehicles office to request a hearing.  These hearings must be requested in writing.


If you were not served with paperwork by a police officer, you can schedule your hearing by contacting the Hearings Division. However, you may wish to review the information on the Types of Actions page before deciding if you wish to request a hearing.  A probationary driver’s license (red license) is not available in many cases.



*Disclaimer: This summary was prepared by the Department of Revenue Hearings Division and should be used as a reference only. Interested parties should refer to the full text of the law and seek legal counsel before drawing conclusions