DOR Enforcement
Text  Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size



If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and the other party obtains a judgment against you and informs the Department of Motor Vehicles that you have failed to timely pay, your license will be suspended. 


While under suspension, you may not drive until your license is reinstated. 


There are no driving privileges that can be granted by the Hearings Division while under this type of action. 


You may request a hearing, however the only issue is whether you have failed to timely pay on a judgment. 


To reinstate, at a minimum you will need to do one of the following:


  • Show proof that the judgment has been satisfied,

  • Show proof of a bankruptcy discharge,

  • Post a bond, or

  • Show proof of compliance with a court ordered payment plan. 


For more information on reinstatement, click here.


Legal Authority: C.R.S. § 42-7-401, C.R.S. § 42-7-404



*Disclaimer: This summary was prepared by the Department of Revenue Hearings Division and should be used as a reference only. Interested parties should refer to the full text of the law and seek legal counsel before drawing conclusions.