Colorado Statutes & Regulations for the Motor Vehicle Industry, Title 12, Article 6, Part 1, C.R.S and 1.C.C.R. 205-1.
12-6-104 (3) (g) (9) - Application Requirements, Regulation
C.R.S. 12-6-104 (3) (g) - Application Requirements
Colorado Statutes & Regulations for the Powersports Industry, Title 12, Article 6,Part 5 Powersports Vehicles
12-6-505 (1) (g), Regulation
DR2024 - Application for Dealer or Wholesaler License Name Change - If copies are being provided, the applicant shall provide 1 original and 1 copy.
- All Dealers/Wholesalers must notify the board not less than 10 days prior to the change of license (DBA) name.
- One (1) Original Bond rider must be attached to the DR 2024 form. This bond rider must amend the principal line to reflect the licensed entity and the new DBA.
- Franchised Dealers: Franchised Dealers must provide a letter from the Manufacturer acknowledging the name change and stating the Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO) will be issued in the new name.
- One (1) copy of the new trade name registration filed with the Colorado Secretary of State’s office must be submitted. www.sos.state.co.us
- The form must be signed by an: Owner, Partner, LLC Member/Manager, or Corporate Officer (president, vice president, secretary or treasurer). The title of the person signing the form must be provided and form must be dated.
- Retail Dealers may not have the word “wholesale” in their DBA.
- Failure to complete all sections of the application may result in a rejection or delay in processing.
*Note this form can also be found in the “Forms and Publications” section of this website. See All Forms by Number
See current fiscal year Fee Schedule Checks should be made to: Colorado Department of Revenue
If you have additional questions, call our main number: 303-205-5604 or e-mail your question to: email@example.com