Colorado Statutes & Regulations for the Motor Vehicle Industry, Title 12, Article 6, Part 1, C.R.S and 1.C.C.R. 205-1.
C.R.S. 12-6-108 - Classes of licenses
C.R.S. 12-6-117 - Principal place of business - requirements
12-6-117 - Principal place of business - requirements, Regulation
Colorado Statutes & Regulations for the Powersports Industry, Title 12, Article 6, Part 5 Powersports Vehicles
C.R.S. 12-6-508. Classes of licenses
C.R.S. 12-6-519 (1) - Principal place of business – requirements
12-6-519 (1) - Principal place of business – requirements, Regulation
DR 2658 – License Class Change Application - If copies are being provided, the applicant shall provide 1 original and 2 copies.
DR 2114 – Statement of Financial Condition
- All Dealers must immediately notify the board if they desire to change their class of license.
- The form must be signed by an: Owner, Partner, LLC Member/Manager, or Corporate Officer (president, vice president, secretary or treasurer). The title of the person signing the form must be provided and form must be dated.
- Retail Dealers may not have the word “wholesale” in their DBA.
- If you are changing your license class and location at the same time, only a License Class Change Application form is required.
- You must submit the DR 2114 – Statement of Financial Condition form.
- Any change of class to a franchise Dealer requires a letter from the Manufacturer duly licensed in Colorado. The DBA on the franchise letter must be the same as the dealer’s licensed name.
- Failure to complete all sections of the application may result in a rejection or delay in processing.
- REMINDER: You may not operate a location until you receive your license from the Auto Industry Division.
*Note this form can also be found in the “Forms and Publications” section of this website. See All Forms by Number
See current fiscal year Fee Schedule.Checks should be made to: Colorado Department of Revenue
- If you are changing your license class and location at the same time, only a change of class fee is required.
If you have additional questions, call our main number: 303-205-5604 or e-mail your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org