Cyber Security Advice 2013
- or -
1.800.388.2366, ext 6848
October 28th, 29th and 30th
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Ask questions and get general advice from trained cyber security professionals about Internet and Computer Safety & Security!
The Internet is a wonderful place to find and share information, but it can also pose dangers to unwary users as cyber crimes, cyberbullying and scams increase in level and intensity. OIT's Office of Information Security is pleased to share with you tips and resources to help you stay safe while online.
Cyber Security Advice Line 2013
As part of Cyber Security Awareness month, the Colorado Office of Information Security has teamed up with the Colorado National Guard and Regis University to provide Coloradans with general advice on how to work and play safely online.
On October 28, 29, & 30, trained cyber security professionals will be available to assist you from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM by calling 303.964.6848 or 1.800.388.2366 ext 6848.
We look forward to assisting you with your cyber security questions and thank you for helping to keep everyone's cyber experience safe.
Five Quick Tips
- Create and use strong passwords or pass-phrases that contain a mixture of upper and lower case letters, at least one number, and at least one symbol/special character. Don't use the same password/pass-phrase for all of your accounts and logins.
- Use and regularly update anti-virus, malware, and spyware software.
- Never provide personal or financial information in response to an email, even if it appears legitimate.
- Do not click on links or download attachments in email messages you receive from people you do not know or content that seems suspicious.
- Backup your important files.