Colorado Economic Recovery and Accountability

Colorado Governor Recovery Logo

Report a Problem

Governor Hickenlooper and the Colorado Economic Recovery Accountability Board are committed to making sure that all funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act coming to Colorado are spent appropriately. If you see a problem with projects funded with Recovery Act dollars, we want to know.


If you see a problem, and you are not seeking legal "whistleblower" protection, send an email to report a problem:


Please provide the following:

  • A brief description of the nature of the issue (what the project is, who is directing the work, where it is happening, and how much money is involved);
  • Your name;
  • A phone number and/or email address where we may contact you for further information.

Please keep in mind that this hotline is only for issues related to funds distributed through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. If you want to report concerns or fraud in other areas of state government, you can call the Office of the State Controller, 303-866-6234. For general questions about state government, call (303) 866-5000 between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday. We will respond in writing to Recovery Act-related complaints and will post a record of the complaints on this website.



If you work for an agency, company or other entity that is receiving Recovery Act funds and you want to report a problem with the use of those funds, you can receive legal protections against retribution from your employer. Section 1553 of the Recovery Act provides protections for employees of non-federal employers receiving recovery funds. Employees of recipients of ARRA funds who reasonably believe there is evidence of gross mismanagement of ARRA funds, a gross waste of ARRA funds, an abuse of authority related to ARRA funds or a danger to the public health or safety related to ARRA funds can receive "whistleblower" protections under the Recovery Act. The Colorado Economic Recovery Accountability Board and the Governor's Economic Recovery Team cannot offer legal protections under this provision of the Recovery Act. The legal protection is offered by the federal government. For more information click here.


 To report a problem directly to the Federal Government, please visit:


If you wish to file a discrimination complaint or want more information about a federal agency’s civil rights enforcement program, please click one of the following links:

Environmental Protection Agency
Health and Human Services
Homeland Security
Housing and Urban Development
Office of Justice Programs
National Endowment of the Arts
National Science Foundation


If you would like more information about Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, or the American with Disabilities Act, please click the link below:


Disabilities Rights Section
Civil Rights Division
Department of Justice