This page will provide background materials and resources for stakeholders interested in learning more.
The goal of this six month grant is to help the state improve and enhance our innovation proposal to CMS and work to refine our model of integration of behavioral health and primary health care. Click here to access Colorado’s original proposal to CMS for the State Innovation Models Testing Cooperative Agreement.
Colorado will be working on several areas:
- Convene multiple health care payers to discuss payment transformation efforts;
- Facilitate plans to integrate physical and mental health services within primary care and across public health;
- Identify ways to provide better integrated school-based mental health and primary care services;
- Identify best practices of integrating health (including mental health) care for the homeless population; and
- Continue to build and grow stakeholder support for this effort.
How to Get Involved
Stakeholders are encouraged to help in this planning process. Please contact Sara Richey at 303-866-5964 for more information or to be added to a list to receive updates on this project.