What is a Certified Application Assistance Site (CAAS)?
A Certified Application Assistance Site is an agency that assists families in completing the Application for Medical Assistance and is certified to verify citizenship and identification documents.
How does an agency become certified?
- The agency must submit a completed CAAS Application Form
- The agency must understand their liability if false documents are knowingly verified, and in this case their certification will be revoked.
- The agency must agree to ensure that all staff assisting with the applications are adequately trained on the process for completing an application nd the proper procedure for verifying original or certified copies of citizenship and identity documents were presented.
- The agency must be a community-based organization or non-profit organization that is supporting community, not an individual's interest.
- The agency must agree to submit completed applications and all documentation to the client's county department of human/social services where they reside within five business days.
- Agencies with multiple locations must complete a CAAS Application Form for each location requesting certification.
CAAS Application Form and Resource Documents:
CAAS Application Form
CAAS Application Training
CAAS Document and Verification Responsibilities