The mission of the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing is to improve health care access and outcomes for the people we serve while demonstrating sound stewardship of financial resources.
Guiding Principles- How we do our business internally, and externally
- Empower clients to make good health care choices incorporating prevention and early intervention.
- Purchase and manage medically necessary and appropriate services to achieve value for the clients and the public.
- Treat providers, clients, advocacy groups, counties, and other units of government as partners.
- Provide honest and complete information to the public and to each other.
- Focus on the Colorado Promise with accountability and efficiency.
- Assess, evaluate, and continuously improve the quality of our work.
Vision- Four years from now
- The Governor, policymakers, local and federal partners trust and respect department management.
- Consumers and advocates are confident that individuals are being treated fairly in determining eligibility and benefits.
- Department staff routinely work in collaboration with other state agencies to share data and resources, solve problems, and use best practices to implement initiatives and programs.
- Providers are eager and willing to work with the Department, and to serve families and individuals enrolled in public insurance programs.
- Turnover of key personnel is minimal, and the Department is able to keep and attract bright, enthusiastic, and talented professionals for public service.
- Taxpayers are confident that dollars appropriated to the Department are being spent wisely, and that the Department is focused on efforts consistent with its mission and goals.
- Vendors and contractors are treated as partners, held accountable, are rewarded for success and creating savings, and take responsibility for failure and improvement.