Gov. Hickenlooper announces Board and Commissions appointments
Friday, July 15, 2011 -- Gov. John Hickenlooper today announced appointments to several Boards and Commissions. The appointments were made to the State Board of the Great Outdoors Colorado Trust Fund, the Examining Board of Plumbers, the Board of Real Estate Appraisers, the Board of Landscape Architects, the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board, the Boxing Commission, the State Capitol Building Advisory Committee and the State Electrical Board.
The State Board of the Great Outdoors Colorado Trust Fund uses state lottery and lotto proceeds to purchase and enhance Colorado’s recreation areas, parks, wildlife, wildlife habitat and open space. Members appointed for terms expiring April 15, 2015:
- James A. Smith of Denver, to serve as an Unaffiliated member from the 1st Congressional District, reappointed.
- Matt J. Sugar of Winter Park, to serve as a Democrat from the 2nd Congressional District west of the Continental Divide, reappointed.
- Thomas Burke of Grand Junction, to serve as a Republican from the 3rd Congressional District.
- Chana Gail Reed of Lamar, to serve as a Republican from the 4th Congressional District.
- David Joseph Palanchar of Colorado Springs, to serve as a Republican from the 5th Congressional District.
- Thomas W. Swanson of Evergreen, to serve as a Republican from the 6th Congressional District.
- Jacy Tyler Jasmer Rock of Golden, to serve as an Unaffiliated from the 7th Congressional District.
The State Electrical Board examines and licenses electricians. The board also adopts and revises rules and regulations concerning the installation, repair and alteration of wiring apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat and power. The members appointed with a term expiring July 1, 2014:
- Nancy Kay White of Lakewood, to serve as a representative of the public at large.
- Thomas B. Fox of Steamboat Springs, to serve as a general contractor actively engaged in the building industry,
- John Thomas McCord III of Sadalia, to serve as master electrician who is not an electrical contractor.
- Scott W. Berg of Highlands Ranch, to serve as a building official from a political subdivision of the state performing electrical inspections, reappointed.
- Robin L. Kittel of Highlands Ranch, to serve as a representative of private, municipal, or cooperative electric utilities rendering electric service to the ultimate public, reappointed.
- Rory J. Berumen of Aurora, to serve as a journeyman electrician who is not an electrical contractor, reappointed.
The Board of Real Estate Appraisers sets fees for those seeking a real estate appraisers license, administers tests and disciplines licensees for misconduct. The members appointed with a term expiring July 1, 2014:
- Bruce Warren Willard of Greeley, to serve as a licensed or certified appraiser.
- Robin B. Anderson of Denver, to serve as a licensed or certified appraiser, reappointed.
- Frank R. Beltran of Pueblo, to serve as a county assessor in office, reappointed.
- Deborah K. Delaney of Fort Collins, to serve as an officer or employee of a commercial bank experienced in real estate lending.
The Examining Board of Plumbers grants licenses to plumbers, and amends and enforces rules and regulations for the examination and licensure of plumbers. The member appointed with a term expiring July 1, 2015:
- Bruce T. Schneider of Winter Park, to serve as a representative of general contractors and as an Unaffiliated member.
The Board of Landscape Architects is charged with the examination and licensing of landscape architects in the state. The members appointed with a term expiring Aug. 4, 2015:
- Dean J.R. Pearson of Littleton, to serve as a licensed landscape architect with experience in the practice of landscape architecture.
- Philip Riley Patterson of Longmont, to serve as a representative with no current or prior significant personal or financial interest in the practice of landscape architecture.
The Motor Vehicle Dealer Board licenses and regulates motor vehicle dealer and salespersons. It also works to resolve consumer complaints about dealers, holds hearing and orders corrective action. The members appointed with a term expiring June 30, 2014:
- Fred W. Wegener of Grant, to represent the public, reappointed.
- Robert W. Perry of Littleton, to represent licensed used motor vehicle dealers, reappointed.
- Joseph P. Gebhardt of Loveland, to represent licensed motor vehicle dealers.
The Boxing Commission regulates the conduct, promotion and performance of live boxing and kickboxing matches in Colorado. The Commission also oversees ticket sales, referee licensing and qualifications for participants, including classification by weight and skill. The member appointed with a term expiring June 27, 2014:
- Nolbert D. Chavez of Denver, reappointed.
The State Capitol Building Advisory Committee reviews, advises and makes recommendations to the Capitol Development Committee with respect to plans to restore, redecorate and reconstruct space within the public and ceremonial areas of the state Capitol. The members appointed with a term expiring July 1, 2013:
- Kevin N. Patterson of Denver.
- Diann L. Sill of Central, reappointed.
- Georgianna J. Contigugulia of Denver, reappointed.
For more information on Boards and Commissions, visit www.colorado.gov/governor or e-mail email@example.com.