Text Size
Increase text size
Increase text size

Residential Buildings

The No. 1 greatest opportunity to conserve Colorado’s energy is by increasing the energy efficiency of its homes and buildings. The Energy Information Administration estimates that residential buildings consume 23.2% of the total energy in the United States. Along with commercial structures (which account for 19% of total consumption), buildings use an estimated 42.2% of the energy in Colorado.

 Res Landing 

Source: EIA 2014

 

By supporting the proper installation of just a few key technologies that address space heating and hot water needs–such as insulation, appropriately sized high-performance furnace systems, duct sealing and outside air-infiltration in both newly constructed and existing homes–Colorado residents can often realize immediate benefits of 20%-30% reductions in their monthly utility bill, improved indoor air quality, enhanced comfort and health, as well as increased property values.


The Colorado Energy Office (CEO) Residential Program focuses on this essential opportunity by increasing awareness and opportunities for Colorado residents to reduce energy bills and consumption in both newly constructed and existing homes.