The OAC does not provide written transcripts of its hearings. With the exception of Medicaid appeal cases, a party wishing to obtain a written transcripts will need to make arrangements with a third-party transcription service (at their own expense) to prepare the written transcript. For Medicaid appeals only, the HCPF Audio Recording Transcript Request form may be submitted instead.
Parties may obtain an audio recording of the hearing by:
- Sending a request in writting to the OAC with the following information:
- the case name;
- the case number;
- the date and time of the hearing (for multiple day hearings, the date and time of commencement for each day of the proceeding);
- The name of the Judge presiding over the hearing;
- whether the hearing was conducted Face-to-Face or over the phone.
- if Face-to-Face, the courtroom where the hearing was conducted (if known);
- whether or not the request is in conjunction with the filing of exceptions or other subsequent appeal process;
- the name address and telephone number of the transcription service utilized (if a written transcript will be prepared.
- If a party is requesting an audio recording of a hearing and this request is in conjunction with an appeal, there will be no fee for the CD if the CD is sent directly to an Appellate Body or a Transcription Service.
- If a party requests a CD of a hearing and that CD is to be sent directly to the party, a $1 charge will be assessed as follows:
- If the requesting party wishes to pick the CD up from the Office of Administrative Courts, the fee will be payable upon pick-up.
- If the requesting party wishes to have the CD mailed to them, they must include with their request a self addressed stamped envelope as well as the $1 fee.