- Provided by the State at no cost to employees. Enrollment is automatic and requires no action.
- $50,000 coverage for life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Coverage provided by Minnesota Life
Optional Life Insurance
Other Programs from Minnesota Life
Resources & Tools
- Certificate of Coverage - from Minnesota Life; explains coverage, plan provisions, exclusions and limitations
- Policy Number for State-paid Basic and Employee-paid Supplemental Life/AD& D Insurance - 33780-G
- Dedicated Customer Service Line for Minnesota Life - 1-877-828-7728, for questions on claims, evidence of insurability forms, coverage, portability and conversion
- Examples of Beneficiary Designations - different scenarios involving primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Information on Portability of Life Insurance (updated 11/09) - how to apply for coverage, Q&As, premium rates, applications, customer service number for questions, comparison of Portability with Conversion
- Information on Conversion of Life Insurance - how to apply for coverage, Q&As, premium rates, applications, customer service number for questions
- PERA-Sponsored Life Insurance
More Benefits Information
HealthLine - The Employee Benefits Newsletter
Enroll/Change Your Benefits - link to State's online Benefits Administration System (BAS)
Your department's HR/Benefits personnel
Instructions for Online Enrollment
What do "Pre-tax" and "After tax" mean?
Glossary of Insurance Terms
Salary Reduction Plan
For more information about Benefits contact the DPA Benefits Unit .
Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org