Supplement Program - Minimum Qualifications
Supplement Program Application Period will now close on FRIDAY, May 24, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. MDT. Questions? Contact the Employee Benefits Team for the State - 303.866.3434 / 1.800.719.3434 / firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Hired prior to July 1 of the program's plan year. For example, to be eligible for the FY 2013-14 supplement program, an employee must have been hired prior to July 1, 2013, the start of the plan year.
2. Eligible for state medical insurance options
3. Have at least one dependent child eligible for state medical coverage.
4. Had household income in the previous calendar year of three times (3x) or less of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). The FPL is tied to the number of people in your household. As an example, see the 2012 income eligibility levels for the FY 2013-14 program.
5. Filed a federal income tax return for the previous year
6. Employee and dependent children must enroll in, or be willing to enroll in, one of the state's medical insurance options.
Visit the Amounts section to find out how the money is distributed among the different income levels for this program (2x, 2.5x, 3x the Federal Poverty Levels).
April 23 - May 24, 2013 - Application period for the FY 2013-14 Supplement Program. To be elgible for the FY 2013-14 Supplement Program, employees MUST apply, even if they have applied in past years. The FY 2013-14 plan year runs from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014
Employees with questions should contact their agency benefits or human resources (HR) offices.
It is unlawful for any person to knowingly and intentionally provide false, incomplete, or misleading facts or information for any benefits enrollment or application process, affidavit, or other document or process for the purpose of defrauding or attempting to defraud the State of Colorado with regards to the application for benefits, benefits premiums or claim for benefits. Penalties may include imprisonment, fines, denial of enrollment in any or all of the state's group benefit plans, civil damages, termination of enrollment in any or all of the state's benefit plans, or as provided in regulations, statutes, and written directives.
More Benefits Information
HealthLine - The Employee Benefits Newsletter
Enroll/Change Your Benefits - link to State's online Benefits Administration System (BAS)
Your department's HR/Benefits personnel
Instructions for Online Enrollment What do "Pre-tax" and "After-tax" mean?
Glossary of Insurance Terms
Salary Reduction Plan
For more information about Benefits contact the DPA Benefits Unit.
Email comments to: DPA Benefits