Open Enrollment for FY 2013-14 is Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - Friday, May 17, 2013. FY 2013-14 plan year runs from July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014.
Open Enrollment this year is PASSIVE, meaning that if you do not participate, your current employee benefits will continue into next plan year, starting July 1, 2013 EXCEPT for flexible spending accounts (FSAs) which must be actively chosen every year.
To enroll or change your benefits, go to Benefit Solver.
List of 17 Regional Open Enrollment Benefit Education Meetings - list of meetings across the State for FY 2013-14 plan year enrollment, with benefit vendors attending to present information and answer your questions. Dates, times and locations can be found in the list.
Note: We have added three additional meetings:
Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 2:00pm - 5:00 pm University of Northern Colorado, 501 20th Street, Greeley, CO 80639.
Thursday, May 2, 2013, 10:00am - 12:00pm Governor's Office of Information Technology, 601 E. 18th Street, Denver, CO 80203
Thursday, May 2, 2013, 2:00pm - 4:00pm Department of Revenue, 1375 Sherman Street, 1st floor, Denver, CO 80203
Open Enrollment Webinars - meetings that work for your schedule. If you are unable to attend an Open Enrollment meeting in your region, or would like more detailed information on the plans offered by the State, you can attend a weekly webinar presented by our vendors. Each week the vendors will cover the same material.
Webinar Information. All times are MDT. Please note, MInnesota Life, Delta Dental and ASI Flex are Q & A sessions only.
Open Enrollment Voice Over Power Point Presentations - these power point presentations by our vendors are available at yoru convenience.
Key Information for Open Enrollment and the 2013-14 Plan Year.
As of July 1, 2013 the following services are added to our plan under the Affordable Care Act,
1. Well-woman visits
2. Screening for gestational diabetes
3. Human papillomavirus testing
4. Counseling for sexually transmitted infections
5. Counseling and screening for human-immune deficiency virus
6. Contraceptive methods and counseling
7. Breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling
8. Screening and counseling for interpersonal and domestic violence
Managing Your Benefits
Your department's HR/Benefits personnel - for benefit questions
Required Documentation for Dependents Covered Under Medical / Dental / Life - Must be provided for legal spouse, common-law spouse, same-gender domestic partner, or dependent children.
Instructions for Changing Benefits due to Spouse's Benefits - Using the online Benefits Administration System (BAS) if your spouse has gained or lost benefits at his or her job.
Important Information about Benefits DEADLINES
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, FSA coverage - 31 calendar days to make elections in the online Benefit Administration System (as new hires or to make changes). Date of event (hire date, marriage, birth, etc.) is Day 1.
- Retirement Choice - Contact PERA for more information about Retirement - 1-800-759-PERA (7372) or www.copera.org. Newly hired employees must make a retirement plan selection within the first 60 calendar days after the first day of employment. Judges and employees of institutions of higher education are not eligible for Retirement Choice.
- Contact your department's HR/benefits personnel for more information.
For more information about Benefits contact the DPA Benefits Unit.
Email comments to: State_Benefits@state.co.us