The state is self-insured for liability losses and is responsible for processing claims brought against state agencies and state employees.
- To initiate a claim against the State of Colorado, please complete the New Claim Information form or call 303.866.3848. Outside of the Metro Denver area call 800.268.8092 toll free.
- Within 7-10 business days, you will receive further instructions from the State Office of Risk Management to officially file your claim against the State.
Certificate of Insurance Requests:
State agencies must submit a written request for a Certificate of Insurance by completing a Certificate of Insurance Request Form. Please return completed form to Suzanne Kubec.
Certificate of Insurance Process Information
When appropriate, Risk Management will issue a generic certificate which states self-insured or commercial insurance coverage and email (fax or mail) one copy to the State agency contact and one copy to the external certificate holder.
- Other parties cannot be named as an "additional insured"
- Statutory limits of liability are $150,000/$600,000
- Requested indemnification, hold harmless and/or insurance requirements may be in conflict with State law.
Email comments to: Risk Management
Risk Managment Forms
State Vehicle Use Guidelines
State Risk Management Database Log-in