Options For Long Term Care
Phone: (719) 672-3332 ext. 3460
Cell: (719) 588-9775
Fax: (719) 672-3856
OLTC Supervisor (Conejos/Costilla County)
Phone: (719) 682-3332 ext. 3461
Cell: (719) 376-6732
Fax: (719) 672-3856
OLTC Lead Case Manager
Phone: (719) 672-3332 ext. 3462
Cell: (719) 588-9773
Fax: (719) 672-3856
P.O. Box 99
233 Main Street Suite C
San Luis, CO 81152
Monday - Thursday
7:00am - 5:30pm
Conejos-Costilla Options for Long Term Care (OLTC) aka Single Entry Point (SEP) is Costiila County's case management agency serving older adults and individuals with disabilities. The OLTC agency helps individuals navigate the long-term care service network to obtain assistance with daily living activities, such as eating, bathing, dressing, and homemaking tasks. Services can be arranged in someone's own home, an assisted living facility or in a nursing facility.
Client must meet financial, medical, and program criteria to access services under a waiver. The financial eligibility component is completed by the county eligibility staff in the County where the recipient resides. The medical eligibility component is completed by the client's physician. The functional eligibility component is completed by the Costiila County OLTC. Our case managers complete functional eligibility assessments to determine is an individual is at risk of placement in a nursing facility, hospital, or ICF/MR (intermediate care facility for the mentally retarded). To utilize waiver benefits, client must be willing to receive services in their homes or communities. A client who receives services through a waiver is also eligible for all basic Medicaid covered services except nursing facility and long-term hospital care. When a client chooses to receive services under a waiver, the services must be provided by a certified Medicaid provider. The cost of waiver services cannot be more than the cost of placement in a nursing facility, hospital, or ICF/MR.
WAIVERS & SERVICES:
- Children's HCBS Waiver: To provide Medicaid benefits in the home or community for disabled children who would otherwise be ineligible for Medicaid due to excess parental income.
- HCBS Waiver for Persons with Brain Injury: To provide a home or community based alternative to hospital or specialized nursing facility care for persons with brain injury
- HCBS Waiver for Persons with Mental Illness: To provide a home or community based alternative to nursing facility care for personal with major mental illness.
- HCBS Waiver for Persona Living AIDS: To provide a home or community based alternative to hospital or nursing facility care for personals living with HIV/AIDS.
- HCBS Waiver for Persons who are Elderly, Blind, and Disabled: To provide a home or community based alternative to nursing facility care for elderly, blind, and disabled persons.
Services offered under HCBS-EBD:
- Alternative Care Facilities
- Adult Day Services
- Community Transition Services
- Home Modification
- In-Home Support Services
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Personal Care
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Respite Care
- Client Directed Attendant Support Services
Home Care Allowance: This program provides direct client payments monthly to eligible individuals for the purchase of services related to activities of daily living which are necessary to enable the client to remain at home. The payment amount is added to any basic assistance grant the client receives and vanes according to the client need for paid care. The client pays the service provider, who may be a family member, neighbor, or agency. The provider must be 18 years or older. Skilled care may not be purchased through the HCA program.
Nursing Facility: Our case managers complete assessments for individuals living in the community who will be entering a nursing facility.
Long Term Home Health: Our case managers are responsible for prior authorization of all long term home services such as skilled nursing and certified nurse’s aides for individuals ages 18 and over.