- Coordinate Road and Bridge maintenance and construction projects and activities with appropriate supervisors, team leaders, department heads and other appropriate personnel.
- Develop work plans, schedules, priorities and materials/procurement requests.
- Manage supervisors' activities including but not limited to performance, adherence to regulations, disciplinary actions and appropriate development.
- Make emergency plans and initiate employee call backs as required.
- Complete performance appraisals and administer disciplinary actions.
- Develop with appropriate supervisors, weekly, monthly and annual schedules of prioritized maintenance work.
- Direct traffic control operations, equipment mobilization, fueling of equipment, training and safety program management including substance use testing. Calculate quantities of material required; monitor and account for materials usage.
- Answer inquiries and complaints from supervisors, agencies and the general public. Investigate, prioritize and address complaints.
- Review time keeping records.
- Investigate accident and injury reports
- Budget preparation, submission and monitoring of expenses and revenues.