The Colorado Joint Legislative Library staff primarily serve the members of the Colorado General Assembly, however the library is open to the public. The collection is special and unique since the majority of the collection consists of legislative and public policy materials. Library resources may only be used in the library, since the collection is non-circulating.
The library staff is nonpartisan and assists users by:
- Answering ready reference questions;
- Answering questions about the Colorado legislature;
- Locating and using print and electronic resources relevant to legislative research;
- Suggesting appropriate government agencies, subject experts, and other sources for additional information and assistance;
- Locating and recording bill testimony.
Library staff cannot:
- Perform partisan research;
- Give legal advice or interpret the Colorado statutes;
- Determine or interpret legislative intent or write legislative histories.
- The library computer lab in room 048 has six work stations and a printer.
- Four of the lab computers have software for users to listen to and download audio recordings of floor and committee testimony from 2002 to the current year.
- The library has a TDD phone for the hearing impaired. The number is 303-866-3472.