Colorado Flood Resources
- The Colorado Department of Education compiled information to help school districts and families who have been impacted by the flooding across the state. These resources are intended to help with educational issues associated with natural disasters and to provide information on emergency community assistance.
- Apply for federal resources to help recover and rebuild.
- Quick and timely information updated twice daily about Colorado flood information.
- Resources for helping schools prevent, prepare, respond to, and recover from flood damage.
Other Response Materials
- This website provides families with a tool to exchange welfare information with loved ones and friends in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. American Red Cross will establish agreements with phone/communications vendors to set up a bank of computers, including teletype lines, for public use post-event. The home page for these computers will be set to the Safe and Well website.
- The CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response website is CDC’s primary source of information and resources for preparing for and responding to public health emergencies. This site continues to keep the public informed about public health emergencies and provides the information needed to protect and save lives.
- Caring for Children in a Disaster
- This Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Response Template Toolkit features public education materials that disaster behavioral health response programs can use to create resources for reaching people affected by a disaster. The Template Toolkit includes print, website, audio, video, and multimedia materials that disaster behavioral health response programs can use to provide outreach, psycho-education, and recovery news for disaster survivors. Many of the links contain sample materials and online tools that have been used in previous disaster situations across the country. The templates can also be adapted for future use as desired.
- NEFRLS is a nationally-accessible system that facilitates the reunification of families separated or displaced by a disaster that is activated when requested by a state following a Presidentially-declared disaster. It allows adults who have been displaced from their homes or pre-incident locations to voluntarily register and share specific information about their post-disaster well-being or location with designated family members. Family members and friends may search the database for a record created by a displaced individual.
- The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) is a national centralized repository and resource center for missing persons and unidentified decedent records. NamUs is a free online system that can be searched by medical examiners, coroners, law enforcement officials and the general public from all over the country in hopes of resolving these cases.
- This program is a project of the National Institute of Justice (NIJ).
- This video was created by Adams 14 School District to provide information and instructions to parents on what to do during a school emergency. Parents are reminded that they should not come to the school during an emergency, but should wait for instructions on how to be reunited with their students.
- The video uses Adams 14 procedures, but is general enough to apply for other schools.
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.