- Colorado’s clearinghouse for ‘all things adolescent health.’ This site has been developed to provide resources and information on a variety of youth-related topics, while also connecting statewide initiatives that promote the health and well-being of all Colorado youth between the ages of 9 and 25.
- An initiative of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
- NEW Youth Sexual Health in Colorado: A Call to Action
- The Colorado Brain Injury Program has been established to help people with brain injury and their loved ones by assisting with accessing needed supports to maximize recovery now and in the future. In addition to services, the Colorado Brain Injury Program focuses on education and research related to brain injury.
- The Brain Injury Program is part of the Colorado Department of Human Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Funds for services, education and research are generated via the Colorado Traumatic Brain Injury Trust Fund.
- Contains information on youth concussions along with other general sports medicine resources.
- Free online course created by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to provide information and resources to help educate coaches, officials, parents and students on the importance of proper concussion recognition and management in high school sports.
- Created by School District 27J, this brief flyer describes signs and symptoms of concussions, as well as recovery steps to take at home.
- This booklet, published in February 2013 by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, helps adolescent girls and young women learn about physical activity and healthy eating. It uses questionnaires to help assess current level of healthy eating and exercise, and provides tools for setting the right goals and making healthy choices. It includes tips for communicating with health care providers and links to Web sites for additional information.
- St. Anthony Summit Medical Center and the Brain Injury Allice of Colorado are offering a Concussion and Head Injury Support Group. This group is for young adults, high school students and their supporters, friends and family.
- The support group takes place the 2nd Monday of every month. 7:00pm - 8:00pm at The Church at Agape Outpost, 15404 Highway 9, Breckenridge, CO 80424
- No registration or fee required.
- Hosted by the Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado, which is the only statewide non-profit exclusively dedicated to brain injury. Their mission is to improve the quality of life for people with brain injuries by connecting survivors with resources to help navigate the path of rehabilitation.
- The purpose of a support group is to share with and support one another for the mutual benefit of the whole group.
- Posted February 2013.
- Radio program on EDUCARadio from Denver Public Schools to provide information to Spanish speaking students and parents.
- This website was designed through funding from the Colorado TBI Trust Fund. This website should serve as a tool for educators, school administrators, school psychologists, related services professionals, and families. Feel free to join in the discussion and learn more about how to support our kids in Colorado with brain injuries.
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.