Find School Safety resources for Students here.
Click on “Youth Council” for information about the CSSRC Youth Council.
- Deadline extended! Applications due March 3, 2014
- FEMA is looking for youth leaders who are dedicated to public service, who are making a difference in their communities, and who want to expand their impact as national advocates for youth disaster preparedness. Any individual between the ages of 12 and 17 who is engaged in individual and community preparedness, or who has experienced a disaster that has motivated him or her to make a positive difference in his or her community, may apply to serve on the Youth Preparedness Council.
- Applications are due March 7, 2014
- Academy occurs June 15-21, 2014
- Focus will be on leadership development through team exercises and individual achievement. Cadets will become familiar with the basic elements of the CSP Academy through a demanding daily training schedule. The CSP Youth Academy will be mentally and physically demanding, and will challenge all participants. The Academy is limited to forty participants selected throughout the state.
- Application (pdf) (doc)
- Youth Engaged 4 Change (YE4C) was created by the Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs (IWGYP) in partnership with youth and young adults. The site was created to accomplish the following goals:
- Encourage youth and young adults to shape programs, policies, and services that affect them.
- Promote meaningful partnerships between youth and adults.
- Share federal resources with youth and young adults.
- Connect youth and young adults to opportunities funded by the federal government.
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.