- Applications due October 15, 2014
- One-year grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded in support of projects that have a permanent impact on a school community such as a facility enhancement (indoor or outdoor) or landscaping/clean-up project. In addition, Toolbox grants can be used as part of a large-scale project like the construction of playground as long as the funds are used to complete a phase of the project within twelve months of the grant award.
- To be eligible for a grant, applicants must be a public K-12 school or nonprofit parent group associated with such a school. Parent groups that are applying (PTO, PTA, etc.) must have an independent EIN and official 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. Preschools are not eligible to apply.
- The application process will be closed after fifteen hundred applications have been received.
- Published April 2012 by FEMA and the U.S. Fire Administration, this document provides ideas for funding sources for emergency medical services departments and fire departments. Provides a complete example of a successful grant application as well as funding success stories.
Web Link Disclaimer: The Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) provides links from this site to external websites because of their potential interest or usefulness to the safe and positive school environment, an education community or the general public. It attempts to monitor such sites on a regular basis. However, the CSSRC cannot be responsible for the content of any site external to its own. Further, by linking to other sites, the CSSRC is not endorsing any particular product, practice, service, provider or institution, nor does it necessarily endorse views expressed or facts presented on these sites. In addition, neither the CSSRC nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information linked to from this site.