Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
|What is WIC?
WIC is a nutrition program for:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women (up to one year postpartum)
- Non-breastfeeding, postpartum women (up to 6 months postpartum)
- Children until the age of 5 years
The WIC Program provides:
- Nutrition education including breastfeeding support
- Nutritious foods to supplement a person's routine diet
- Screening and referral
- WIC participants must meet certain financial requirements.
2013 Participant Satisfaction Survey