The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is committed to protecting and preserving the health and environment of the people of Colorado.
The role of the department’s staff is to serve the people of Colorado by providing high-quality, cost-effective public health and environmental protection services. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment focuses on evidence-based practices in the public health and environmental fields, and it plays a critical role in providing education to our citizens so they can make informed choices. In addition to maintaining and enhancing the department’s core programs, the staff continues to identify and respond to emerging issues that could affect Colorado’s public health and environment.
Human Resources: Careers at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment:
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Our professionals strive to make Colorado the world’s healthiest place to live.
Our non-smoking campus offers free parking and is conveniently located near RTD bus lines, the Cherry Creek Shopping Center and the Cherry Creek bike path. In addition to a great location and rewarding, meaningful work, we offer:
- Distinctive career advancement opportunities throughout the state system
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan, PERA Defined Contribution Plan, State Defined Contribution plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Ten paid holidays per year plus generous personal time off
- Tuition assistance
- Excellent work-life programs
The department has a strong commitment to diversity and cultural competence. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.