You can join the ranks of health care professionals. To do this, there are many pathways and career options available to you. Use this site as your guide.
- For middle school and high school students, check out the High School Planning page.
- High school students thinking about college will find the resources on the College Preparation page helpful.
- To learn about some of the many health professions, go to the Career Exploration page.
- To find out how you can start working in health settings, check out the Internship and Research Opportunities page.
- For high school and college students who want to learn about the graduate health programs in Colorado, go to the Colorado Higher Education in Health Professions page.
Did you know that college graduates make $19,100 on average more than high school graduates per year?
To have an opportunity to enter into rewarding health professions requires education after high school. This is a worthwhile path to success. Set yourself up for this success now by taking college preparatory classes, exploring internship opportunities, learning about the college admissions process, and finding sources of scholarships and financial aid.
There are many special options for students considering careers in health! Check out these resources:
- College in Colorado provides many resources for students of all ages and their parents about college planning, financial aid, and career choices.
- For SAT registration, information about AP exams, and college profiles, click here.
ExploreHealthCareers.org provides a summary of different health related careers, information about working conditions, lists typical academic requirements, and connects you to other resources. You can also search for internship and scholarship opportunities.
Check out College in Colorado’s website to learn about what careers fit your interests:
Here are some links to get you started exploring different health career options. Remember there are many more great options!
Join the Pre-Health Professions clubs at your college for networking and experiential opportunities!
Please contact us if you have any further questions