Mid-America STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers
Mid-America STD/HIV Prevention Training Center
Focus: The Mid-America STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (MAPTC) exists to promote excellence in the provision of STD/HIV prevention services by strengthening the capacity of individuals, agencies and communities.
New Partner Services Course!!
EDGs and ISTDI have been replaced!!
In April of 2013, we launched the new partner services curriculum named Passport to Partner Services. Please call 303-692-2752 or email
email@example.com for registration information.
Focus: Our area of specialty is to provide training for partner services as well as providing training that provides program support for partner services activities. Therefore, our courses are primarily designed for professionals involved with any level of partner services, which includes interviewing, field investigation, partner notification, referrals for support services and linkage to care. Our offerings are for federal, state, local and community public health professionals working in STD/HIV prevention programs.
Location: The MAPTC is housed within the STI/HIV Section at Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. We are also part of the National Network of Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC) funded through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We are responsible for providing training to partner services providers for 21 states in the middle region of the United States; which includes Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Credentials: Our classes are in full accordance with CDC guidelines, recommendations, initiatives, essential functions, and areas of special emphasis. Our staff is composed of highly experienced public health professionals with extensive experience in the provision of partner services and related public health disciplines.
History:The department has decades of experience providing STD and HIV training and was a founding member of the NNPTC. In 2010, we were re-funded by CDC for a fourth consecutive cycle to deliver the Part III trainings (Partner Services and Program Support). The MAPTC has trained hundreds of health professionals and has collaborated in the development of training curricula that are now considered national standards.
Our Challenge and Our Promise:
As a participant we challenge you to:
· Process the information learned using and connecting your own experiences and diversity
· Reflect on ways the information learned will assist you to do your job in more effective ways
· Step out of your comfort level to gain knowledge, insight and skills
As a training center we will:
· Give participants the freedom to guide their own learning
· Explore and value different learning processes to meet the needs of the participants
· Ensure participants find relevancy and applicability in what they learn
· Value flexibility, spontaneity and creativity in a comfortable environment
· Implement a skills-based and relevant course design with ample time to process and reflect