The Small Business Assistance Program offers free and confidential compliance support, outreach, and advocacy to eligible small businesses throughout Colorado. Our services include:
- Telephone Assistance
- Small businesses can call from anywhere in the state to obtain regulatory and technical information or assistance understanding or resolving permitting or billing issues. If you are a small business in need of assistance, contact:
- Christine Hoefler at (303) 692-3148
- Free and Confidential On-Site Visits
- The Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) team visits hundreds of small businesses each year to help business owners understand regulations, calculate air emissions, and file appropriate reporting and compliance forms.
- Resource Library
- Our library includes industry-specific fact sheets, forms, checklists, and guidance documents.
- Referrals to the Generator Assistance Program (GAP)
- The Generator Assistance Program is located within the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Division. The GAP offers free and confidential assistance to small businesses seeking help in interpreting and complying with hazardous waste regulations.
- Referrals to the Small Business Ombudsman
- The Ombudsman is an advocate acting on behalf of small businesses as it relates to environmental issues. The Ombudsman can provide mediation services, support and representation to resolve problems related to regulatory requirements, and financial resources.
- Our partnerships with Colorado Small Business Development Centers and Trade Associations provide a total package of assistance.
- The Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) team provides workshops on air reporting and permitting procedures and focused workshops as requested by the business community.
Who is Eligible for Assistance?
To qualify for assistance as a small business, the business must have less than 100 employees, and release less than 50 tons per year of any regulated pollutant and less than 75 tons per year of any combination of regulated pollutants.