Payment Method

Everyone who signs up for unemployment benefits gets a debit card, also called a CAP Card, from Chase Bank where we send your payments. You might have to pay fees when you use your card, which are deducted from your benefit payments.

There are two methods of receiving your unemployment benefit payments:

  • Direct Deposit
  • Colorado Automated Payment (CAP) Card

If you had a previous claim, your payment method is still active. You may need to update your information.

Direct Deposit
To avoid paying fees, elect to have your benefit payments directly deposited to your checking or savings account. You will need your social security number and the unemployment PIN we sent you (not the PIN from Chase) to do this. More>

Setup Direct Deposit

Colorado Automated Payment Card
Colorado Automated Payment (CAP) Cards are mailed to you in a plain white envelope within 7-10 business days from the date your new claim was filed. More>

Your card is valid for three years, so keep your card until the expiration date in case you need to claim again.

If you are currently enrolled in direct deposit and would like to switch your payment method back to the CAP Card, click here.

If you do not receive your card or have questions about your card, contact Chase Customer Service at (866) 316-3925 or visit their website at

To locate Chase banks and ATMs, click here.

  • UI Benefits Inquiries: 303-318-9000 or 1-800-388-5515 • UI Employer Services Inquiries: 303-318-9100 or 1-800-480-8299
  • Telephone hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
  • •  Documents on this site require Adobe® Reader
© State of Colorado, Denver, CO