Respond to Job Separations
When an employee is separated from employment and files a claim to collect unemployment benefits, any employer listed on the claim are notified via letter and are required to submit job-separation documentation. This documentation allows us to make decisions about allowing or denying unemployment benefits to be paid to the previous employee.
Both large/multi-state and small employers are encouraged to sign up to receive and respond to job-separation notifications online. More>
Employers participating will be able to:
- Respond to Request for Facts About a Former Employee's Employment, Form UIB-290, in an easy and efficient online format.
- Receive a date stamped confirmation, avoiding time and cost of unnecessary hearings.
- Attach additional documentation to job-separation responses.
- Eliminate delays related to mail delivery.
- Provide speedy and efficient resolution of separation and related issues.
- Keep premium rates and business costs low due to reduction of state- and employer-related administrative costs and by reducing improper payments through streamlined fact-finding processes.
To sign up for this program, please complete the enrollment form.