What we offer
Colorado State Veterans Home at Rifle
The Colorado State Veterans Home at Rifle is an 89-bed nursing home, with a 12-bed secure memory care unit. We offer the following services:
- Long-term care: Residents receive medical and non-medical care, including skilled nursing services; physical, occupational and speech therapy; social activities; and assistance with bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living.
- Memory care: For individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, we provide specialized activities and memory care in a 12-person, all-male secure neighborhood.
- Short-term rehabilitation: Physical, occupational and speech therapies are available for individuals seeking to return home following a qualifying hospital stay. Therapy specialists work with each individual to regain skills and improve physical strength, endurance and aerobic capacity.
- Short-term “respite” care: Short-term stays are available when home-care providers or family members are unavailable.
- End-of-life services: Comfort-oriented care and family support are available to individuals during this time.