What we offer
Colorado State Veterans Nursing Home at Walsenburg
- We provide residents with a warm and personable place to live. At the same time, we offer first-rate health care. Our medical staff is highly trained. Our staff-to-patient ratio is higher than most nursing homes nationwide.
- Built in 1993, we are southern Colorado's newest nursing home for veterans. Our building is bright, modern, clean and comfortable.We offer semiprivate and private rooms for up to 120 people with floor-to-ceiling views of the Rockies and Lathrop State Park.
- VA annual supplement of $23,000 to $41,000 toward the cost of care. Improved pension program available for wartime veterans or the widow of a wartime veteran in need of nursing home care.
- Physically connected to a critical access hospital (Spanish Peaks Hospital).
- Staff-to-resident ratio assures close, personal attention.
- An economical daily rate and an all-inclusive pricing policy that eliminates additional charges.
- Special Care Unit providing services for residents with dementia, Alzheimer's, Huntington's and/or Parkinson's disease.
- Hemodialysis on site to meet your dialysis needs, owned and operated by Fresenius Medical Care.