Travel & Event Program
Travel & Event Program
Motor Pool Requests
Contact your District Facilities Office or see the General Information tab for the Human Services Building or the downtown area.
- Prepare a Travel Request and Authorization packet to include the Authorization Form. Also, include the Governor's Advisement Form if traveling outside the United States.
- Obtain signatures from the traveler, supervisor, division director and Deputy Executive Director.
- Send request to the Accounting Division for EDO signature and final approval. Request must be received at least four weeks prior to travel date, or six weeks if travel is to the Washington, DC area.
- The Travel Compliance Designee will email the contact person identified with a Travel Authorization Number (TA Number). This number will allow the originator to order airplane tickets through an approved vendor.
- Originator then orders tickets using the TA number.
- Originator also emails a copy of the ticket itinerary to the Travel Compliance Designee.
- The TCD will attach a copy of the travel ticket to the packet and return a copy to the Deputy Executive Director's assistant.
- This process takes three to five weeks. Please plan accordingly. Any changes to travel after the TA number has been assigned must go through the approval process again.
- The Travel Compliance Designee will assist in preparing travel requests when necessary.
- Cancel ticket with travel agent.
- Notify the Travel Compliance Designee in writing of all cancelled flights.
Central Travel Card (aka the Group Event Card)
- Official travel accommodations can be purchased using a Group Event Card - currently CitiBank VISA. If requested, here is the State Tax Exemption Certificate.
- Complete the Cardholder Agreement and return application to the Accounting Division at 1575 Sherman St., 6th floor.
- The Group Event Card will be delivered to the applicant's work address (allow 7 to 10 working days for processing).
- The Group Event Card is NOT intended to be used for individual expenses.
- Reallocation dates are the 11th through the 25th and the 26th through the 10th of every month. Posted transactions must be reallocated online by the cardholder no later than 3:00 p.m. MST and with seven (7) days of the above periods. Should you miss the deadline, you will need to contact your program accountant to prepare a journal voucher (JV).
Each Citibank Cardholder is required to retain signed statements and receipts for audit purposes.
Cards are automatically cancelled upon notification of an employee's transfer to another position or state agency, or separation of CDHS due to resignation or retirement. Return the Group Event Card to the TCD for cancellation or provide via email the date of destruction.
- Card Cancellation: Return the Group Event Card to the Accounting Division for cancellation and physical destruction. Cards are automatically cancelled upon notification of termination, resignation or retirement.
Individual Travel Card
- Official travel expenses can be purchased using an Individual State travel card - currently CitiBank VISA. Purchases that are reimbursed are not tax exempt.
- Complete the Individual Cardholder Agreement and return the application to the Accounting Division at 1575 Sherman St.. 6th floor.
- The travel card will be delivered to the applicant's home address (allow 7 to 10 days for processing).
- The individual travel card is to be used ONLY for authorized state travel. NO personal use of the card is allowed. Any department employee who fails to pay his or her state-issued travel card bill will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination from employment with the state at the discretion of the employee's appointing authority.
- For reimbursement, submit original receipts with reimbursement form (Travel EFT form) to the Accounting Office. Purchases that are reimbursed are not tax exempt.
- Card Cancellation: Return the Individual Travel Card to the Accounting Division for cancellation and physical destruction. Cards are automatically cancelled upon notification ot termination, resignation or retirement.
Current Per Diem Rules and Allowances