Text Size
Increase text size
Increase text size


A complaint about Colorado county child welfare practice should be sent to the State Department of Human Services. Complaints will be researched and response made to the complainant.

Complaints concerning county child welfare practice should be submitted on the Division of Child Welfare Complaint Form, or phoned in to 303-866-4511.

Each county has a Citizens Review Panel whose purpose is to provide a forum for grievances concerning the conduct of county department personnel in performing their duties. Further information is available regarding the Citizen Review process at Conflict Resolution Process (C.R.S. 19-3-211).

Complaints involving the Courts and the Judicial Systems should be made to each respective office, and complaints involving the Guardian Ad Litem, Attorney Special Advocate or Child's Representative should be made to the Office of the Child's Representative.

A complaint to Child Welfare may be e-mailed, mailed through the U.S. Postal System, faxed to, or phoned in to:

Colorado Department of Human Services
1575 Sherman St., 8th Floor
Denver, CO.  80203-1714
Phone Number: 303-866-4511
Fax Number:  303-866-4047

For additional information or questions, please contact Jody Martinez at the above phone number.